Adopting a child can be a rewarding and lifechanging experience. The Division of Children and Family Services is looking for families or single adults from all backgrounds who want to give a safe, loving, permanent home to children who need a family.
- Most children waiting for adoption are African American and Caucasian children ages 10 and older.
- Many are sibling groups who need to stay together, teenagers, or children who have special needs (including physical, emotional or mental disabilities).
- Adoptive families can include relatives, single parents, and same sex couples.
Please take a look at our wonderful Adoptable Kids.
- If you are a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family requesting information about a specific child submit an inquiry and we’ll follow up with you.
- If you are not a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family please submit this interest form and we’ll get back to you.
For more adoptable children, visit Adopt US Kids.
Meet Demara! Demara is a young woman who is determined and has a plan for her future. Demara has started her high school career and is already determined to become a detective. Demara states she feels she is good at solving mysteries and would make a great detective. Demara does extremely well in school and enjoys learning. Demara has been motivated to get a job and wants to be able to work so that she can save money for her future as well as have a little fun with her own hard-earned cash.
Demara enjoys social media and having fun with her friends. Demara is very social and enjoys out of the house activities. Demara enjoys getting her hair done and is ensured to be fashionable in all areas. Demara enjoys mall trips and movie nights. Demara has a tight bond with her Maternal Family and this is a connection that she does not wish to lose when she finds her forever family.