Adopting a child can be a rewarding and lifechanging experience. The Division of Children and Family Services is looking for families or single adults from all backgrounds who want to give a safe, loving, permanent home to children who need a family.
- Most children waiting for adoption are African American and Caucasian children ages 10 and older.
- Many are sibling groups who need to stay together, teenagers, or children who have special needs (including physical, emotional or mental disabilities).
- Adoptive families can include relatives, single parents, and same sex couples.
Please take a look at our wonderful Adoptable Kids.
- If you are a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family requesting information about a specific child submit an inquiry and we’ll follow up with you.
- If you are not a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family please submit this interest form and we’ll get back to you.
For more adoptable children, visit Adopt US Kids.
Shamara and Hon’NestyDecember 2004 and May 2007
My name is Hon’Nesty and I am in junior high school with hopes of attending a local performing arts high school. My passions are acting and dancing. I hope to one day write and star in my own play. My favorite school subject is math because it allows me to be creative with problem solving. I also enjoy reading. My two favorite books are The Library Card and Wringer both written by Jerry Spinelli.
I love being around people especially kids my own age they make me laugh and we create silly dance and music videos.
My name is Shamara and I am in junior high school with hopes of one day going to school for Cosmetology. My passion is doing hair, I hope one day to own my own hair salon. My favorite school subject is science because it is mysterious, and I am a very curious person. I also enjoy playing basketball, running track, and my favorite two colors are gray and blue.
I love hanging with friends so we can create funny videos of us dancing and singing that also shows my hair designs.
We are in contact with our maternal grandmother and hope to stay connected with our birth mother and other family members. We are looking for a family who can support our passions for the Arts and Cosmetology as well as our desire to stay connected with family.