Adopting a child can be a rewarding and lifechanging experience. The Division of Children and Family Services is looking for families or single adults from all backgrounds who want to give a safe, loving, permanent home to children who need a family.
- Most children waiting for adoption are African American and Caucasian children ages 10 and older.
- Many are sibling groups who need to stay together, teenagers, or children who have special needs (including physical, emotional or mental disabilities).
- Adoptive families can include relatives, single parents, and same sex couples.
Please take a look at our wonderful Adoptable Kids.
- If you are a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family requesting information about a specific child submit an inquiry and we’ll follow up with you.
- If you are not a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family please submit this interest form and we’ll get back to you.
For more adoptable children, visit Adopt US Kids.
Shawntrell is a vibrant and loving child, who loves sports, especially playing football and basketball. He aspires to play football in the NFL when he grows up. In his spare time, he enjoys playing video games and watching his favorite wrestler, The Undertaker, on television.
Shawntrell enjoys school and does well academically, his favorite subject is math. Shawntrell is outgoing, thoughtful, and friendly.