Adopting a child can be a rewarding and lifechanging experience. The Division of Children and Family Services is looking for families or single adults from all backgrounds who want to give a safe, loving, permanent home to children who need a family.
- Most children waiting for adoption are African American and Caucasian children ages 10 and older.
- Many are sibling groups who need to stay together, teenagers, or children who have special needs (including physical, emotional or mental disabilities).
- Adoptive families can include relatives, single parents, and same sex couples.
Please take a look at our wonderful Adoptable Kids.
- If you are a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family requesting information about a specific child submit an inquiry and we’ll follow up with you.
- If you are not a licensed Foster Caregiver or approved Adoptive Family please submit this interest form and we’ll get back to you.
For more adoptable children, visit Adopt US Kids.
Ty’Asiah is a 15-year-old, whose dedication and desire to be successful keeps her motivated! Currently in high school, Ty’Asiah strives to do well academically and has recently joined the school’s varsity robotics team. Ty’Asiah is also beginning to explore her independence as a teenage youth and is enthusiastic about obtaining a job to earn her own money for the first time.
Being the eldest of seven siblings, Ty’Asiah has a caring and nurturing demeanor to her that comes naturally. She continues to keep in close contact with her siblings through phone calls and visitation, which she hopes to maintain once her forever home is found.
Ty’Asiah has overcome many obstacles in her life yet, her past has only made her stronger! Ty’Asiah is bright and resourceful, which gives her the opportunity to do great things and she is eager to see what the future holds! Her forever family must be willing to learn how to meet her needs, be part of her journey and give her a lifetime commitment. If you are that family, please don’t miss out on another minute without this wonderful young lady.