Kinship Support Program
Kinship Support Payments are available to kinship caregivers who currently have a child(ren) placed in their home who is in CCDCFS custody.
- The child must be in the custody of CCDCFS.
- A kinship caregiver who is a licensed foster parent is not eligible for these payments.
- There is no application process and no need to apply. Payments will automatically start once the kinship assessment in approved.
- If a child is placed in your home before September 29, 2021, caregivers will receive KSP payments for no more than nine months from the date the child was placed in the home.
- If a child is placed in your home after September 30, 2021, caregivers will receive KSP payments for no more than six months from the date that the child was placed in the home.
- Payments are retroactive to the day of placement with caregiver.
- Caregivers will receive KSP payments up until they become a license foster care-giver, until the child is no longer placed in the home as a kinship placement, or the time frame described above has ended, whichever happens first.
- The payment will be $11.74 per day, per kinship child placed in your home.
- Please note this program is not considered income but, is consider reimbursement for providing care to a child in DCFS custody for a temporary timeframe.
If you are a Kinship Caregiver who has any issue with JFS benefits, please contact our Office of Customer Relations, CustomerServiceCCDCFS@jfs.ohio.gov 216-432-CARE